Stevo is a passionate generalist who designs and ships awesome products. He's an expert in behavioral psychology with 10 years of experience using empathy and research to make hard things simple.
Habitry iOS App
UX, User Testing, Research, Product Management
A cutting edge behavior change app for health coaches.
- Conducted customer research; created and tested wireframes; developed prototypes.
- Recruited and lead a team of 7 across 4 time zones to engineer, ship, and market.
- 72% daily adherence and 68% user retention for 365 days.
UX, Product Management, Front-End Development
The first evidence-based, behavior change education platform for health coaches.
- Designed and built a proprietary LMS to deliver a year-long group education platform in support of Habitry iOS.
- Built, maintained, and marketed with a team of 3 producing daily content.
- Co-developed platform into the largest behavior change education in the UK.
Graphic Design, Writing, Marketing, Front-End Development, Product Management
An annual research review of behavioral psychology.
- Performed all the Graphic Design, as well as most of the writing.
- Created and shipped the first 58 page issue in 17 days.
- Read by thousands of health coaches.
UX, User Testing, Writing
Behavior change science strategy and style guide.
- Audited product for adherence to behavioral psychology best-practices.
- Developed a workshop on Motivation Science and Design for the product team.
- Created a Behavior Change Style Guide to coordinate the chatbot writing team.
Worklete Basics Course
UX, Writing, User Testing
Behavior change strategy and implementation.
- Audited the previous version of the product for behavioral psychology best-practices.
- Conducted customer interviews to develop personas, journies, and metrics.
- Coordiated product team on creation of the latest version of the Worklete LMS.
2014.08 – Present
2014 – Present
CEO, Co-Founder, Head of Design
- Work with product teams to create features that improve customer engagement by 2x and retention by 10x.
- Designed and developed multiple products targeting complex behaviors, including the first behavior change iOS app for health coaches.
- Present internationally on how to integrate behavioral psychology research into design systems.
Coach Stevo, LLC
2008.11 – 2014.08
2008 – 2014
- Created digital platforms that maintained multiple communities with hundreds of customers.
- Participated in the the design of the first national Health Coach Certification from National Association of Sport Medicine.
- Authored 100+ articles for MyFitnessPal with 1,000,000+ shares on social media.
2008.07 – 2008.11
2008 – 2008
Online Marketing Manager
- Managed a team of 3 people to surface, design, and deploy new features for the marketing web sites.
- Implemented first A/B testing for Six Apart web properties.
Design Within Reach
2006.06 – 2008.07
2006 – 2008
- Coordiated the multi-million dollar redesign of the website in a move from in-house and hard-coded onto a CMS.
Health Experience Design Conference
Equinox High Performance Living
National Association of Sport Medicine
National Association of Sport Psychology
A comprehensive, scientific guide to helping people stay motivated in a de-motivating world.
Practical Motivation Science
A blog about applying behavioral psychology to design systems.
An annual behavioral pscyhology journal.
Habitry Starter Kit
A 50-page guide for health coaches looking to get started in Habit-Based Coaching.
We Make Communities
Practical behavior change strategies for health coaches from Social Psychology.
John F. Kennedy University
2010 – 2012
Masters in Sport Psychology
University of Chicago
2001 – 2004
Bachelors in Philosophy
2001 – 2001
Undergraduate Coursework in Economics