Stevo is a Product Leader specializing in user engagement. For the last 12 years, he has recruited and lead empowered teams to build great products that delight users daily and achieve business goals.
2020.01 – Present
2020 – Present
Vice President of Products
- Collaborated with the founders for a successful $8.25 million Series A funding.
- Established, recruited, and hired a whole departmennt of PMs, POs, designers, and writers.
- Organized R&D into Empowered Product Teams, reducing Time to Value from 45 days to 7.
- Drove discovery and pivoted the company to new products focused on end-user engagement that 2x ARR with a 60 NPS score and less than 5% churn.
2018.11 – 2020.01
2018 – 2020
Director of Product Management, Engagement
- Increased engagement 2x and customer satisfaction 50% by implementing behavioral science education and metrics for the coaching, product, and design teams.
- Developed content strategy and workflows that increased production output 27x.
- Created, hired, and trained the first user research roles.
2014.08 – 2018.11
2014 – 2018
CEO, Head of Product, Co-Founder
- Raised a $150,000 seed and createed the first behavior change iOS app for health coaches; sold to our largest customer in 2017.
- Designed, shipped, and marketed multiple products for clients on 6 continents with a remote team in 4 times zones.
- Improved customer engagement by 2x and retention by 10x for client products.
Coach Stevo, LLC
2008.11 – 2014.08
2008 – 2014
Head of Product, Founder
- Created digital platforms that maintained multiple communities with hundreds of customers.
- Participated in the the creation of the first national Health Coach Certification from National Association of Sport Medicine.
- Authored 100+ articles for MyFitnessPal with 1,000,000+ shares on social media.
2008.07 – 2008.11
2008 – 2008
Online Marketing Manager
- Managed a team of 3 people to surface, design, and deploy new features for the marketing web sites.
- Implemented first A/B testing for Six Apart web properties.
Design Within Reach
2006.06 – 2008.07
2006 – 2008
- Coordinated the multi-million dollar project to move the website from in house and hard-coded onto a CMS.
Center for Self-Determination Theory
Health Experience Design Conference
Equinox High Performance Living
National Association of Sport Medicine
A comprehensive, scientific guide to helping people stay motivated in a de-motivating world.
An Annual Motivation Science Journal.
Habitry Starter Kit
A 50-page guide for health coaches looking to get started in Habit-Based Coaching.
We Make Communities
Practical behavior change strategies for health coaches from Social Psychology.
With Dan John. 10 Questions and 5 Principles for finding your path to health and fitness.
A 2 year-long series of weekly blog posts for the 160mil users of MyFitnessPal.
John F. Kennedy University
2010 – 2012
Masters in Sport Psychology
University of Chicago
2001 – 2004
Bachelors in Philosophy
2001 – 2001
Undergraduate Coursework in Economics
Habitry iOS App
Product Lead, UX, User Testing, Research
A cutting edge behavior change app for health coaches.
- Recruited and lead a team of 7 across 4 time zones to research, design, ship, and market.
- 1,000+ users in 90 days.
- 72% daily adherence and 68% user retention for 365 days.
Product Lead, UX, Front-End Development
The first evidence-based, behavior change education for health coaches.
- Designed and created a proprietary LMS to deliver a year-long group education platform in support of Habitry iOS.
- Built, maintained, and marketed with a team of 3 producing daily content
- Sold product and co-developed platform into the largest behavior change education in the UK.
Product Lead, Graphic Design, Writing, Marketing, Front-End Development
A quarterly research review of Motivation Science.
- Created and shipped the 58 page MVP in 17 days.
- Read by thousands of health coaches every quarter.
Worklete Basics Course
UX, Writing, User Testing
Behavior change strategy and implementation.
- Audited the previous version of the product for Motivation Science best-practices.
- Delivered feedback as a workshop for the product team.
- Coordiated product team on creation of the latest version of LMS.
Conversa Chatbot Style Guide
UX, User Testing, Writing
Behavior change science strategy and style guide.
- Audited product for adherence to Motivation Science best practices.
- Developed a workshop on Motivation Science and Design for the product team.
- Created a Behavior Change Style Guide to coordinate the chatbot writing team.
Product Lead, Audio Production, Writing, Front-End Development
A podcast about getting better at things.
- Highly produced, hour-long interview show.
- 5,000+ downloads of Season 1.
The Motivate Summits
Product Lead, Marketing, Presenting
The only unconference series for changing health behavior.
- Grew to 19 unconferences in 18 months.
- Maintained an active community with over 600 members.
- Developed into an open-source knowledge base for answering health coaches' questions about behavior change.