Habitry iOS App
UX, User Testing, Research, Product Management
A cutting edge behavior change app for health coaches.
- Conducted customer research; created and tested wireframes; developed prototypes.
- Recruited and lead a team of 7 across 4 time zones to engineer, ship, and market.
- 72% daily adherence and 68% user retention for 365 days.
UX, Product Management, Front-End Development
The first evidence-based, behavior change education platform for health coaches.
- Designed and built a proprietary LMS to deliver a year-long group education platform in support of Habitry iOS.
- Built, maintained, and marketed with a team of 3 producing daily content.
- Co-developed platform into the largest behavior change education in the UK.
Graphic Design, Writing, Marketing, Front-End Development, Product Management
An annual research review of behavioral psychology.
- Performed all the Graphic Design, as well as most of the writing.
- Created and shipped the first 58 page issue in 17 days.
- Read by thousands of health coaches.
UX, User Testing, Writing
Behavior change science strategy and style guide.
- Audited product for adherence to behavioral psychology best-practices.
- Developed a workshop on Motivation Science and Design for the product team.
- Created a Behavior Change Style Guide to coordinate the chatbot writing team.
Worklete Basics Course
UX, Writing, User Testing
Behavior change strategy and implementation.
- Audited the previous version of the product for behavioral psychology best-practices.
- Conducted customer interviews to develop personas, journies, and metrics.
- Coordiated product team on creation of the latest version of the Worklete LMS.
The Motivate Summits
Product Management, Marketing, Presenting
The only unconference series for changing health behavior.
- Grew to 19 unconferences in 18 months.
- Maintained an active community with over 600 members.
- Developed into an open-source knowledge base for answering health coaches' questions about behavior change.
Product Management, Audio Production, Writing, Front-End Development
A podcast about getting better at things.
- Highly produced, hour-long interview show.
- 5,000+ downloads of Season 1.
2014.08 – Present
2014 – Present
CEO, Co-Founder, Head of Design
- Work with product teams to create features that improve customer engagement by 2x and retention by 10x.
- Designed and developed multiple products targeting complex behaviors, including the first behavior change iOS app for health coaches.
- Present internationally on how to integrate behavioral psychology research into design systems.
Coach Stevo, LLC
2008.11 – 2014.08
2008 – 2014
- Created digital platforms that maintained multiple communities with hundreds of customers.
- Participated in the the design of the first national Health Coach Certification from National Association of Sport Medicine.
- Authored 100+ articles for MyFitnessPal with 1,000,000+ shares on social media.
2008.07 – 2008.11
2008 – 2008
Online Marketing Manager
- Managed a team of 3 people to surface, design, and deploy new features for the marketing web sites.
- Implemented first A/B testing for Six Apart web properties.
Design Within Reach
2006.06 – 2008.07
2006 – 2008
- Coordiated the multi-million dollar redesign of the website in a move from in-house and hard-coded onto a CMS.
A comprehensive, scientific guide to helping people stay motivated in a de-motivating world.
Practical Motivation Science
A blog about applying behavioral psychology to design systems.
An annual behavioral pscyhology journal.
Habitry Starter Kit
A 50-page guide for health coaches looking to get started in Habit-Based Coaching.
We Make Communities
Practical behavior change strategies for health coaches from Social Psychology.
With Dan John. 10 Questions and 5 Principles for finding your path to health and fitness.
A 2 year-long series of weekly blog posts for the 160mil users of MyFitnessPal.